Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BFP - (BIG FAT POSITIVE)!

It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago two pink lines changed my life!

Let's back track....

Christmas time last year was absolutely wonderful and full of celebration. I was spending Christmas with my Mum, baking cookies as usual. We were volunteering on Christmas day at a homeless shelter, serving Christmas dinner for the local homeless community. I baked a countless number of cookies for the event and was completely distracted! It was only when I left her house that I realized how ill I was feeling - really dizzy and nauseous.

Me baking some cookies

Some of my cookies
It wasn't until I got back home that I realized just how ill I was feeling. I remember going out to brunch with my boyfriend (who is now my sweet husband) and his parents. Everyone was passing around coffee, which normally I would have bountiful amounts of. Turns out the mere smell was hard to stomach.

The next day, I was at Brian's. I woke up really early on January 3, 2010 to the beginnings of a snowstorm. Brian was still asleep but I whispered in his ear that I was going to hop down to Starbucks and get us two cocoas and that I might as well pick up a pregnancy test while I was there, even though I was almost certain I wasn't pregnant.

I remember the sweet woman gave us the hot cocoas on the house...it was one of the coldest days of the winter.

When I got back to Brian's condo I couldn't wait to take the test. I took it and there began the longest minute of my life. Low and behold....two pink lines....a big fat positive!! :) I was elated and immediately remember smiling from ear to ear. I didn't want to be too excited yet because Brian didn't know. We always discussed we would want a big family but had never approached the topic of when we would start.

I walked into the living room and told him it was positive. He immediately squealed and picked me up and spun me around! :)

I think his immediate response was "Let's go get us some baby books"!

No comments:

Post a Comment